- Introduction and General Terms
- What information will Embark Migration collect about me?
- How will Embark Migration use the information they collect about me?
- When will Embark Migration contact me?
- Will Embark Migration share my personal information with anyone else?
- What if I am aged 16 or under?
- How long will Embark Migration keep my personal information?
- Cookies Policy
Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with relevant information, answer your queries or allow access to our online services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
The websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will Embark Migration collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Embark Migration website, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, or you apply for a course or register a query using one of our online forms we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Embark Migration and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine where you are accessing our online services from. This allows us to re-direct you to the most relevant international version of the website you are using.
How will Embark Migration use the information they collect about me?
Embark Migration will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to respond to your queries or requests for information
- to fulfil your request to enrol in a course or educational programme
- to help us improve and personalise the services we provide
- so that we can inform you of new offers, products, and services which may be of interest
Where Embark Migration proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When will Embark Migration contact me?
Embark Migration may contact you:
- in relation to any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Embark Migration can deliver the services to you
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- in relation to any contribution you have made to any of our websites, e.g. on a message board
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the Embark Migration services (participation is always voluntary)
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will Embark Migration share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Embark Migration. However, sometimes Embark Migration uses third parties to deliver services such as postal services. Embark Migration will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Embark Migration will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to a Embark Migration website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will Embark Migration keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Embark Migration. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically. Where you contribute to a Embark Migration website, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
a. What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website. During the course of any visit to a Embark Migration website, the pages you see, along with a cookie, are downloaded to your device. This provides us with information like whether the device (and probably its user) has visited the website before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
- Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Cookies record information about your preferences on our sites and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of our sites. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse website traffic, the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you spent time reviewing a particular visa subclass, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight the latest news or video related to that visa subclass on your second and subsequent visits.