For A Free Initial Assessment

International Students Continue Study in Australia

international students reading

The natural choice for many international students once they finish their course is to continue study in Australia. Every year there many thousands of applications are made by prospective students looking to start studying, or to continue studying in Australia.

If you are one of the 526,932 international students currently enrolled in Australia and want to continue study in Australia, this advice is for you. Most importantly, if you are in Australia you should always apply for your further student visa before your current visa ends, and before you start studying. Lodging your application early allows for the amount of time it will take for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to finalise it.

We always recommend that you compile all the necessary documents well before you need to lodge your application for another student visa. Just like when you were granted your first student visa, you will generally need very similar documents. The evidence and information you will need almost always includes Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC), a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE or eCoE) from an Australian educational institution, evidence of your financial capacity and English language proficiency.

Depending on your nationality and the course you intend on studying, there will be certain evidence and documents that you will need to provide with your visa application. Regardless of your assessment level, it is always recommended that you have everything available and prepared because they may be requested by your education provider or Immigration Officers at a later date.

By getting all of your documents ready in advance, your application can be processed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection as quickly as possible.

Just like every student, every visa application is individual and is not the same as everyone else. Every application is unique and will vary in how long they will take to be finalised by Immigration Officers before you can continue study in Australia.

You may not need to provide all of these documents depending on your nationality and intended course of study. However, it is still a good idea to have these documents prepared as they may be requested by your education provider.

For information on what documents you are required to provide or to make an enquiry about how you can continue study in Australia, please contact us. One of our professional registered migration agents or qualified education agents will be happy to help you come up with the best student visa options for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *