Invictus Games Sydney 2018 – Which visa do I need to come to Australia?
The 2018 Invictus Games will be held in Sydney, Australia from 18-29 October at various venues. Today we provide some useful information and tips for the wounded, ill and injured servicemen and women and their supporters travelling to Australia for the Games.
What visa do I need to attend the Invictus Games in Sydney?
- Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Any person who is accredited by the Australian Military International Games to participate in the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 will be eligible to apply for this visa.
- The organising committee will provide accredited participants with supporting documents, to be included with their visa application. Accredited participants seeking to travel to Australia using existing or other Australian visa products should ensure that their current visa is valid and appropriate for their role in the Invictus Games (eg. permits multiple entry and work rights if required).
- Visitor visas – Any other person who wants to travel to Australia as spectator for the Games can apply for a Visitor visa. There are a number of different visitor visas for Australia, choosing which one best suits will depend on a person’s country of citizenship.
Who is an accredited participant in the Invictus Games?
Any person who is accredited by the Australian Military International Games to participate in the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 and who is:
- An Invictus Games 2018 Participating Nations Team member, including: competitors; team managers; Family and Friends Program managers; coaches; team officials; interpreters and translators; medical staff; support staff; and military Media Personnel;
- A spouse or de facto partner of a competitor; a parent of a competitor; a sibling of a competitor; a child of a competitor; or a friend of a competitor; or
- An Invictus Games Foundation Delegation member; a spouse or de facto partner of an Invictus Games Foundation Delegation member; or a child of an Invictus Games Foundation Delegation member; or
- An Invictus Games specialist staff member;
is an accredited participant.
What are my passport requirements?
To apply for an Australian visa, you must hold a current passport. Your passport will need to be valid for the duration of your stay.
The Australian Government no longer issues visa labels inside a passport. Notification of the grant of a visa is provided to the holder electronically. Department of Home Affairs Officers will check visa validity upon arrival to Australia.
What if I need more information?
If you need any further assistance with applying for a visa to travel to Australia, you can contact us and we will be delighted to help you achieve your goals.
All immigration advice and assistance is provided by an Australian Government registered migration agent, Mr Jeff White. Jeff, himself a returned serviceman, is an expert at providing immigration advice. Prior to establishing Embark Migration he served with the Australian Army.
Embark Migration proudly supports our wounded warriors.